Fortune Cookies

It has been a while since I got a real "good" fortune cookie. The definition of a fortune is (thank to m-w.com): a hypothetical force or personified power that unpredictably determines events and issues favorably or unfavorably.
  • Your friends are near by when you need them. - duh, that's why they're my friends
  • You are wearing a hat. - um, that is not a fortune.
  • Tomorrow, take a moment to do something just for yourself. - That is a good goal, but no, not a fortune.
  • Take it easy.

Seriously?

BUT - I got two great ones in a row at our favorite Chinese restaurant that has delicious vegan food.

#1 - Your luck is about to change. Whammo. That's awesome
#2 - Luck is the by-product of busting your fanny. Ok, I will admit, this is more like parental advice, or more like advice from your really cool uncle, but I thought the fact that I got these two in a row really meant something. My luck is about to change, but to have that happen, BUST YOUR FANNY!

So this spurred a quick conversation with me, our waiter Brandon (who totally has a thing for me, Micah and I both agree), and Micah about us writing very specific saucy/scary fortunes. See my examples:

  • You will contract an illness of major significance in the next 6 weeks.
  • You will meet a drag queen named Peachy Cream sometime in the next year. Do whatever she tells you to.
  • On September 17, 2015 you will find $200,000 dollars lying in the streets.
  • Next time you go shopping, buy a purple polka-dotted item that costs $10-20. It will always bring you good luck.
  • The next dark haired blue eyed man/woman that winks at you is your future spouse.

Now those would be awesome!

0 comments: