Inspiration

On an overnight trip to San Diego and arrived around 11:30 pm to Budget to get my rental car. Now, Mr. Budget who so kindly helped me, was feeling generous, or horny, or perhaps had other motives, but we will not discuss that now, gave me a Mustang Convertible. I was down for an economy car. Aka - the cheapest one on the lot please! So...Ummm...FANTABULOUS and THANK YOU sir! I hopped in that baby and popped the top down. Did I care that it's only 60 degrees here?! Hell no. Give a 26 year old girl a convertible for less than 24 hours (and she has NEVER driven one before) and OH BOY is she gonna ride in that thing with the top down!

I've never been too impressed with the new mustangs, I can take it or leave it. I mean, if someone was like, "Here's a free car" I would NOT be ashamed to drive it. But to my surprise - that car has some guts! I had to keep slowing down - it was so easy to speed in!

I'm getting ahead of myself and the story now. Whoa, easy tiger.

So I have my little Budget rental packet and had put it away in my travel file folder. Yes, I am anal when I travel. I get to the gate where the dude in the booth looks over the car and he makes me get it out of my folder and recommends I keep it out and in the car in case I get pulled over. (He must have seen the giddiness in my face and KNOWN I was gonna be more of a speed demon than usual.) So what do I do? I set it on the front seat under my bag. Looked secure enough to me!

I even looked over at it at one point and thought, "Hm, maybe I should put this somewhere more secure." Too bad I was having far too much fun driving and I told the more responsible half of my brain to suck it. I am so sorry more responsible half.

One minute I'm cruising and dancing, the next minute I'm trying to grab flying papers that are swirling around in the air taunting me whilst NOT killing myself or other people on the freeway. I managed to grab ONE measley little piece and then WHOOSH. The rest is GONE. Buh bye rental packet!

Oops. Let's hope the part I caught is the important part.

But again, what's the worst that can happen? Nothing that I can come up with that seems worth stress and anxiety. So I'm going to enjoy this little blessing while it lasts, and make sure to put important stuff in the trunk next time. Or sit on it. Or put it in my suitcase. Or put it in the glove box. Or Hell - clench it between my teeth! Something better than 'on the front seat kinda sorta under something'.

After this little "incident"/adventure I'm relaxing at the hotel getting ready for sleepy time and I catch a glimpse of my little brother's blog (it's SO hilarious, check check it - www.cerealislife.blogspot.com) and I realize *LIGHTBULB* (have you seen Despicable Me? Go see it. Now. And Inception. Holy Amazing Sauce) that I need to start blogging again. Before you now, I vow to spit out at least one post weekly. I mean, there is some seriously funny shit happening out there that needs to be shared!

So yes, I'm back. "Officially".

Stay tuned for pics of our new apt. We've been working SO hard on that place. Hence my hiatus from blogging - but it's super hip and modern and we painted. It feels like home, finally. Frankly I think IKEA should award us some awesome shopping spree from how much business we have personally given them and how much they'll get from our apartment that is practically an IKEA showroom. You're welcome IKEA.

1 comments:

Yippee! Bree and I rented a mustang convertible on our honey moon and it was delightful! There is something about being in CA and having a mustang that just makes it more fun!