Oh Where Oh Where Has Your Favorite Blogger Gal Gone...

It seems to be a re-occurring theme with me - disappearing for a few weeks. However, I have a legitimate excuse, actually excuses, this time.

First of all, my amazing life-loving, loud laughing, gardener, dreamer, perpetual learner of a grandfather passed away on March 13th. His illness that progressed so quickly and then life that ended consumed me emotionally, physically, and spiritually. I’m happy he’s not suffering; I’m happy he’s not alive but hooked up to machines because for my grandpa that would not be considered living at all; I’m happy he’s reuniting with family and loved one that passed on before him. But, I miss him. Plain and simple.

I wanted to fly him out when I finally owned a home to teach me everything he knows about gardening. I wanted my future children to learn from him and know him. I wanted to learn more from him. It’s been difficult for me to even except that he’s gone at all, especially for my grandma’s sake. They were such a powerhouse of a couple. They were a strong and true team and I strive to have a marriage like theirs. They embraced one another for their differences and individuality and loved that about each other. Grandpa always said they danced through life.

I’ll miss you grandpa. Hey hey, ho ho, tinkle tinkle.

Secondly, and with great spontaneity and maybe a pinch of madness, we moved to the heart of downtown Salt Lake City. Perhaps the timing was a blessing as it has given me something to direct all my energy to, instead of being depressed and bored which equals sleeping a lot. However, I do not have internet yet, and my feet are so swollen that I could barely get a normal pair of shoes on today. Up and down and caring large boxes and standing for hours and sleeping for few. The process has been draining as all hell – but very therapeutic. We are trying to purge unnecessary items and decorate our incredible new modern apt in a way that will make us happier. Micah has his own space for his art that is quickly transforming into a room we may spend a lot of time in and the rest of the house is in semi-shambles as I try to organize everything as he scrambles to get all his homework done. I already LOVE being downtown – it feels like I’m home.

So stayed tuned for pictures when everything is all ready to go!

1 comments:

How many times have you guys moved?! You are crazy! But I hope you love your new place!! Post pictures!!