Liberation!

Last night I stood naked in front of a dozen or more strangers. This was not a dream.

Being naked on display I thought would be nerve-wracking. On the contrary, it was the most free and beautiful I have ever felt.

How did this new venture begin? Micah is currently enrolled in a figure drawing class at his University. He's always way bummed out when his class doesn't have a model because then there is no class. His professor has met me and has asked if I could model, but classes at the University are during my 8 hour work day.

So I was perusing Craigslist for possible part time jobs to make a little extra money for the holidays, when I stumbled upon an ad for an art school in my area looking for female models. Not only would I be making some extra cash, but I would be contributing to the art community. Cha-ching! I immediately emailed and then stopped by the studio after work. A few minutes later I was hired!

So I arrived, changed into my robe, got up on that platform and dropped my robe to the ground! Hello world! Seeing the paintings and drawings and sketches made me understand just how beautiful the human body, MY body truly is.

0 comments: