Halloween Fanatic

'm obsessed with Halloween. Or maybe I'm just obsessed with dressing up, looking over the top and creating a scene...but regardless I love this holiday. I think I need therapy I love it that much. I spent two hours on Friday dressing up for my work's Halloween Costume Contest - I won $50! and another two hours on Saturday to scare the living shit out of small children. You may think I am mean, but you should have seen how the adults thought it was hilarious when their child ran away, jumped, screamed or started crying. It made me feel like a much less terrible person when the adults seemed to enjoy it. Maybe it's some sort of twisted enjoyment for payback from all the terror their children have bestowed upon them. I'm not really sure what it was, I am sure one day when I have kids I will, but it sure did egg me on.


Micah and I went up to Twin Falls, ID to spend Halloween with his sisters and kids. Halloween is always more fun when around kids. They get so excited about all the candy while the adults are recovering from sugar hangovers and dreading cleanup of candy wrappers for the next eternity. I finished doing my makeup and got dressed and surprisingly my nieces and nephews only freaked out slightly when they saw me all decked out, but I was nice to them - I don't want to scar them for life and have them blame me for it later. Kids not related to me...I have no problem scarring. So I walked them around the neighborhood out of zombie character for 45 minutes before the "Trunk-Or-Treat" started.

My church does their own version of Halloween and it's the smartest thing ever, in my opinion. All the adults park their cars in the church parking lot and give candy out of their trunks. I like it because all the kids are in one area and this decreases chances of lost kids and creep-os handing out penis shaped candy corns. It also was a perfect scenario for my spooky character to have some fun. I stayed in my sister and brother-in-laws trunk for the first hour crouched down and breathing heavy and staring at kids until they ran away. I threw in some hisses and then started screaming outbursts. That really made a lot of them look like they just peed their pants.



Then with some of the older ones I actually started jumping out at them and then following them around the parking lot - never breaking character mind you. I actually had some adults freak out and throw stuff at me. It was awesome. Micah was especially grateful for my theatrics as he was 100% entertained the entire night. I had so much fun that when the "Trunk-Or-Treat" was over I continued to scare kids in their neighborhood.


Call me crazy, weird, mean, whatever; but scaring those kids was the most fun I've had in years.

0 comments: