I'm Jealous of my Husband

So today I went to an art supply store to get Micah some new fancy pencils. (Yes fancy pencils exist and are important dammit!) The entire time I'm there, I'm first off, desperately trying to not buy the whole store, and secondly, quickly burning up with jealousy. Micah's degree gives him presents. YES PRESENTS. What the hell? All I got from my schooling experience was classmates pinching my fat with skin calipers day in and day out and the permanent smell of formaldehyde wafting from my clothes for an entire semester.

I loved my major, I did. And I cannot wait to be doing by dream job. But I still am jealous. Micah gets massive amounts of new art supplies every semester, and little gifties throughout. Then he goes to "class" where he gets to draw, paint, design, and PLAY! Ok...I know art is a tough field, but seriously, the major sounds like a complete blast.

On top of all that...I'm his sugar momma. I work 40 hours and cook 99% of what we eat, do the finances, and I could just go on and on and on. All he has to do is walk to school, scribble some doodles for a couple hours, and come home and clean up the apartment. Um...what the hell was I thinking when I was in school? I'm sure I could have strung some silly man along long enough for him to put me through school, right?

Jealous. One of these days I'm going to make him make it all up to me...

0 comments: