Sweden

Ok, so I'm officially obsessed with Sweden. I randomly spit out the thought of moving there over gmail chat to a friend and then the rest of the day I couldn't shake it. It was like I knew what I wanted before I knew I wanted it.

First I started with jobs, perused around to see what things were available. (Found this awesome game design job...um sounds like Micah's dream job. I think it's a sign.) Then I moved onto apartments. I've never seen such modern sexy 1 bedroom apartments before in my life. Then I moved onto houses. All I have to say is - shut the front door! There are these amazing cottage style homes with huge gardens and stunning views with 3 -4 bedrooms for under $100,000 USD. THEN I look at the climate there - and it's amazing. The winters hover around freezing (32 degrees) and the snow is beautiful then the summers hover around 75 degrees. I think Sweden is my heaven. Add all that up, then the fact that Sweden is all about energy conservation (a lot of the houses have solar panels lining the roof that provide all the electricity you need), they have strict laws on the care of farm animals, universal health care, a year long paid maternity AND paternity leave not to mention the home of IKEA!!!!!!!!!! Oh and so much more (Those of you reading this - no worries, this won't happen til Micah is done with school .) But...Ah! I don't care about the details all I know is...

I want to go to there.

Now.

And never ever leave!

2 comments:

I just discovered your blog. Love it. Also, Stockholm, Sweden is my absolute favorite place on earth. You're for me! It's for us! Love you!

 

I just found your blog! Haven't seen you since college, but oh well. I lived in Sweden for over a year after college, if your serious about moving sometime I could give you some connections