Ridiculous Illnesses

I understand getting sick and contracting viruses is all part of the "circle of life" if you will. But some illnesses are stupid. For instance, UTIs (urinary tract infections). Why on earth do we need an illness that makes your pee hurt. YOUR PEE! Peeing is already a pain - not literally - and takes too much time and frankly I wish I could just not go, or have a little baggie attached to me (but you still have to empty that...), or wear depends or...anyways, you get my drift.

The reason I complain you ask? I get them. ALL. THE. TIME. I get them when I use the wrong soap in the shower, when I go swimming, sometimes after sex, when I take a bath, when I don't drink enough water, when I think about cranberries, when I think about sex, or just for no damn reason at all. I tend to think my body hates me, or maybe it's trying to remind me that generally I am 100% healthy and I need a kick in the crotch - that is literal - to remind me to be grateful for my body. But I'd rather throw up once in a while or get a cold or a fever or anything other than pain like a hot curling iron searing my insides.

Alas, tis my lot in life to wrestle with these little beasts. I probably shouldn't really complain, it's not like it's cancer, nor will it kill me. Eventhough I feel like I would like to die sometimes. The end.

0 comments: